Junior Handler Scholarship
To encourage participation in dog training.
The scholarship awards for a full year, one appropriate class per each training session. Applicants may reapply in succeeding years, but preference will be given to applicants who have not previously been awarded the scholarship. Members of the Board of Directors will decide award of the scholarship.
- Fill out and comply with the terms of the attached application.
- Junior Handler must be between ages 8 and 17.
- Meet with a Board Member or Course Instructor.
- The applicant’s dog needs to have been previously evaluated and cleared by Y2K9s.
- The applicant must bring proof of their dog’s vaccinations for rabies and DAP (Distemper, Adenovirus and Parvovirus), which apply to all dogs training at our facility. (A full description of our policies may be found HERE)
- The applicant’s responsible parent or guardian agrees that Y2K9s may use photos or videos of the junior handler and dog for club related publicity.
The Scholarship may be terminated for any of the following reasons:
- You do not comply with the policies listed at the web site address cited above.
- You do not comply with rules established by individual instructors in the classes in which you enroll.
- You are unable to attend any further courses during your scholarship year.
Deadline for the next scholarship year is December 31